Reasons To Love Pumpkins This Fall
Pumpkins could be the sole reason to love fall. As fall rolls around the corner pumpkins begin to take over the scene. Pumpkin products everywhere! From scented candles to flavored goods, our senses are bombarded by its scent and taste.
Another joy pumpkins bring are pumpkin patches. There is no better joy than to search the fields for the perfect pumpkin. To finally find the one that was especially meant for you.
Here are reasons why we love pumpkins:
1. Pumpkin is good for your eyes: Pumpkin is so high in vitamin A.
2. Pumpkin is a dieter’s dream: It has the winning combo of leaving you feeling full for longer and being very low in calories.
3. Pumpkin is antioxidant rich: the National Cancer Institute has linked the antioxidant beta-carotene found in pumpkin to a reduction in cancer risk.
4. Pumpkin seeds are thought to contain a substance that kills intestinal worms.
5. Pumpkin seeds help control urinary incontinence and overactive bladders.
6. Be happier: Pumpkin seeds are rich in the amino acid tryptophan, which is important in the production of serotonin, the feel good chemical.
7. Strengthen your immune system: The high vitamin C content in pumpkin helps you maintain a healthy immune system.
So it looks like falling in love with pumpkin is a great idea. Thank goodness for that, otherwise what would we do at this time of the year, eat carrots? It just doesn’t have the same appeal.