Family Camping – Tips to Prepare for Your Next Camping Trip
A family camping trip can be a wonderful way to introduce the kids to nature and bond as a family. It’s also a great way to distract kids from the video screens and create moments to remember for years to come. Here are some tips to prepare for your next family camping adventure, including bringing along KidzStuff products like the Sun Blocker Romper, Insect Shield Romper, Insect Shield Blanket and let’s not forget… the 94-piece Kidz-Safe First Aid Kit!
- Before your trip, make sure your tent has no leaks, that it comfortably fits the whole family, that the zippers work and that you have all the pieces you need.
- Even during spells of warm weather, the nights can be chilly. Make sure that your sleeping bags are up to the task and always bring a couple of extra warm wool blankets to keep the kids toasty. Sleeping mats provide extra cushion between you and the ground and pillows make sleeping outdoors a lot more comfortable.
- Keep insect repellant on hand to keep bites to a minimum. If you’ve got a baby on board, don’t forget to pack the KidzStuff Insect Shield Romper and KidzStuff Insect Shield Blanket. It’s bite protection without the chemicals from sprays and can help prevent insect-borne diseases.
- Mud will happen. Take enough clothes for the trip and grab a couple of extras for those inevitable “mud-child” collisions. Rubber boots and raincoats should also make the cut, along with a stash of plastic bags, which are excellent sock protectors when even rubber boots fall prey to extra deep puddles.
- Enjoy the sunshine safely; protect your littlest family member with our KidzStuff Sun Blocker Romper. It’s lightweight, hooded and will keep harsh UV rays off your baby’s skin.
- Leave the hand held devices at home; pack bikes or an all terrain stroller so that you can hit the walking trails and explore!
- Flashlights are always a good idea; they can hang from the tent for light before bed, light your way to the bathroom and provide endless entertainment for the kids.
- Unless you’re a die hard cook, you’ve likely got better things to do than stand over the BBQ or fire pit. Keep meals super simple and pack lots of snacks.
- Last but not least, the Kidz-Safe First Aid Kit is your ticket to taking care of scrapes, blisters and any other emergency your little one may have. It’s pediatrician-designed and includes 94 essential pieces. You’ll be sure to have all your bases covered with this well-stocked first aid kit essential to take on the go.
You’ve got the gear, now you’ve just got to pick your spot! Here are just three possible destinations for a great family camping holiday:
- Point Mugu State Park, Santa Monica Mountains, California
With sandy beaches, dunes, canyons, valleys and tons of walking trails, head to sunny California for this gorgeous camping destination.
- Acadia National Park, Maine
Granite Mountains, rocky shoreline, marshlands and glacier made lakes; Acadia National Park is your ticket to campgrounds with a WOW factor.
- The AMC Huts, Appalachian Trail, White Mountains, New Hampshire
You won’t need tents, but a good pair of hiking boots will serve you well between huts that offer food and a cot. Look out for stunning vistas and wildlife.
Thinking of taking a camping trip with your little one? It’s a great way for them to appreciate the beauty of nature and ultimately it’s a bonding experience for the whole family. Do you have any other tips for camping with the family? If so, leave us a comment below! We at KidzStuff would love to hear about your family camping experiences.